The Programs Committee is happy to announce our 2021-2022 programs. At this time, all guild meetings will be conducted via Zoom until it is safe to meet in person again. Meetings are on 3rd Thursdays of each month, beginning at 7PM. Zoom links are available in the Member’s Calendar.
- September 16, 2021 – Ginger Summit: Felting
- October 21, 2021 – Deborah Corsini: Wedge Weave
- November 18, 2021 – Catharine Ellis: The Intersection of Weaving and Dyeing
- December 16, 2021 – Holiday Party (in person if safe, Zoom social if not)
- January 20, 2022 – Mayumi Fujio: Mushroom Dye
- February 17, 2022 – Andean Textile Council Board Member: Textile Traditions of the Andes
- March 17, 2022 – Miriam Omura: Warp Painting
- April 21, 2022 – Marilyn Romtka: Uzbek Ikat
- May 19, 2022 – TBD
- June 16, 2022 – Elections, Guild Sale / Social (in person if safe, Zoom social if not)
February: Black Sheep exhibit at the Redwood City Library!
There’s a small show of items made by guild members at the Redwood City Library during the month of February. A big thank you to Carto for sharing his photos!
Black Sheep Handweavers Guild #BSHG, 2020
February 20-23: Stitches West in Santa Clara
Primarily a knitting conference, also includes classes on other fiber related crafts and plenty of opportunities to grow your stash. https://www.knittinguniverse.com/West2020
March 21 and April 18: Farm Days at Deer Hollow Farm in Cupertino
Come tour the Deer Hollow Farm and meet the new lambs and kids! Admission benefits Deer Hollow Farm. There’s often a local guild spinner or weaver there showing off our craft. http://deerhollowfarmfriends.org/events/
April 3-8 2020: CNCH 2020 in Burlingame
Yearly conference for Northern California Weaving Guilds: tons of classes, vendors, and a whole convention center full of people who speak your language! https://www.cnch.org/conferences/2020-burlingame/
April 25 2020: Homestead Days at Hidden Villa
Sheep Shearing, Sheep to Shawl demos, and so much more! https://mailchi.mp/9ac5ec6ebacd/save-the-date-hidden-villas-homesteading-day
October 1-4 2020: in Dixon
Lambtown is a yearly sheep and wool show; activities include a sheep to shawl competition, fleece judging, and two fabulous vendor halls. https://www.lambtown.org/